The last few years of Leinster kits haven’t been the best, really, but 2013 seems to have got them back on course. It’s very similar to last year’s rather nice European shirt, and while that stripe across the middle might not be to everyone’s taste, at least there’s only one shade of blue involved this year. Nice.
SHIT GOOD RATING: GOOD
We swear, Ulster haven’t actually changed their kit – is this actually any different to the 2012 model? We can’t actually tell… Still – if it ain’t broke, and you have to say, it’s a stylish and tasteful kit, those horribly out of place BT logos aside.
SHIT GOOD RATING: BORINGLY GOOD
If on first glance you just assumed that this was Munster’s training shirt, you’re not alone. Blue has been a minimal feature on recent Munster jerseys, but it’s back with a bang this time around. But those shoulder pads… hmm… they’re a bit odd aren’t they? Adidas have been smashing their kits out of the park of late, but this is a bit of a gooseberry.
SHIT/GOOD RATING: SHIT. ISH.
To be honest, we can’t understand why we don’t hate this shirt – in principle, it’s a tacky, busy, mish-mash with a horrible, cliched graphic built into the material. And yet. We dig it – it works. We’re not huge fans of BLK generally, but this is a classy, understated design, that we can’t help but like in spite of ourselves.
SHIT/GOOD RATING: GOOD
- Heineken Cup 2013/14 Shirt Round-up Part 1 (rugbyshirtwatch.com)
- Welsh Regions 2013/14 shirt round-up part 2 – Ospreys and Scarlets (rugbyshirtwatch.wordpress.com)
- RaboDirect Pro12 – Scottish clubs 2013/14 shirt round-up (rugbyshirtwatch.wordpress.com)
- RaboDirect Pro12 – Italian regions shirt round-up (rugbyshirtwatch.wordpress.com)
- Top 14 2013/14 shirt round-up – part 1 (rugbyshirtwatch.wordpress.com)